It’s almost Christmas! Have you decided on what to include at the Christmas dinner table? If not, then why not try the marinated style fried chicken? It’s very easy, even if it’s just your first time. Just keep reading below and we’ll be teaching you how to cook this special kind of Fried Chicken.
If you’re a first-timer, you’re probably thinking of where to start. I’d say, frying. There’s a lot of things you can fry to practice. You can fry fish, potatoes, bacon, lumpiang shanghai, ánd ham. But let’s not forget the best thing ever invented – fried chicken.
What makes frying so easy is that most of the things you can fry are ready-to-cook. You don’t have to prepare and/ or mix the ingredients yourself and worry about getting the flavor right. It is, for me, the easiest type of cooking. But it’s also usually the scariest … and the most painful.
Easy Fried-Chicken Recipe
Like I said above most fryable food is ready-to-cook. But such is not always the case with fried chicken. You can always get ready-made chicken in the store so that you’ll just have to worry about frying. But if you want to do it from scratch, then here’s how it’s done.
There are several ways to prepare chicken for frying. One is to use breadcrumbs or flours to get that crispy skin we all love. Another is to marinate the chicken with some spices, pepper, and salts. You can also use lemon zest, juice with honey, or soy sauce, mixed with a variety of herbs.
Marinating is a necessary step before frying if you want to make the chicken sultry and juicy. Some people marinate the chicken for 1 to 3 days to let the flavor sink into the meat of the chicken. But if you can’t wait that long, 30 minutes to 1 hour will do.
How to Fry Chicken
• Start by filling your frying pan with cooking oil enough to submerge the chicken so that all the sides will be cooked evenly.
• On medium heat, wait until the oil heats.
• Roll the chicken in flour or breadcrumbs to make it crispy.
• When the oil is ready, gently place the chicken in the frying fan. Be careful not to throw or toss it into the pan to avoid oil splash.
(• Next, run for your life. Because there will be oil splash.)
• On medium heat, fry the chicken for at least 3 – 5 minutes before switching to the other side.
• Switch sides or remove the chicken when the skin turns golden brown.
Enjoy your fried chicken!
Now your Christmas table is ready! Enjoy the best dining experience with your family. Just don’t forget to serve it with ketchup or gravy together with your side dish of choice. But for me, the merriest way to enjoy a fried Christmas chicken is to eat it with rice!