Today we’re going to show you the best way to cook Kalderetang Baka (Beef Kaldereta), it is a very special Filipino dish. The dish is usually prepared when there’s a special occasion like Christmas, birthdays, and other gatherings. If there are spaghetti and chicken for kids, then adults will be looking for Kaldereta or Menudo on the occasion.
It is a kind of beef stew that is cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. We use potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and green peas. Stating the ingredients, this dish is really colorful and yummy. You can use other meat of Kaldereta like goat’s meat, pork, or even chicken. For this recipe, we will use beef as our meat.
How to Cook Kalderetang Baka
To cook this yummy Kalderetang Baka recipe. Heat the pot, put oil and saute beef with garlic and onion. Continue the process until the color of the beef turns from red to brown. Then, add bay leaves and crushed peppercorns. After that start by adding liver spread, tomato sauce and, beef broth, making it more flavorful. The cooking process will be a little longer because you need to wait for the beef to be tender. You can use a pressure cooker for this and it will take an hour or more.
Once the beef is tender you can start adding vegetables, you have to make sure that the beef is all good before you add the veggies because if it’s not and you will cook it longer the vegetables will be overcooked, making it soggy. Add seasonings to taste and cook it for another 10 minutes. Cook Kalderetang Baka is best to serve with warm white rice.
Beef Kaldereta Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Servings: 6 people
- 1 kg beef cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3 pieces garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 1 piece onion finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced
- 3 pieces of dried bay leaves
- 1 piece green bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups potatoes sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup liver spread processed using a blender or you can use the canned liver spread
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- ⅔ can of green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions on how to Cook Kalderetang Baka:
- Heavy the pot and add cooking oil (you can also use a pressure cooker, it saves time.)
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add beef. Cook until it turns brown
- Continue to stir and add the bay leaves and crushed pepper.
- Add liver spread and tomato sauce. Stir evenly.
- Pour the beef broth to add flavor to your Cook kalderetang baka
- Let it boil for about an hour or until the beef becomes tender.
- Then add carrots and potatoes, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Put green peas and bell peppers. Continue to stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!
love our recipe on how to Cook kalderetang baka? check out this next recipe.