Filipinos also have their very own version of an omelet, and that is Tortang Talong. Toratang Talong is a simple dish that you can enjoy in lunch or dinner. It is good with steamed rice. Most kids hate to eat vegetables, but with this delicious Filipino recipe, you can make them eat veggies with no hassle.
Tortang Talong is a recipe that will not take too much of your time and your budget. You’ll be needing very few ingredients.
Preparing Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelet)
For the eggplant, you need to boil for about 20 mins or until it became tender. Once it is tender, you can leave it dry and let it cool. Peel the skin and squish it. For some reason, some people preferred the eggplant grilled instead of boiled. I think both are possible. The reason why is because you’ll need to squish or flatten it using a fork, so it needs to tender. Set it aside. Now prepare the eggs, Crack the eggs, and put it in a bowl. Put some salt and pepper to taste. Beat the eggs and dip the eggplant into it.
Tortang Talong Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- Four pieces of Eggplant
- Two pieces of raw eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil
- Grill the eggplant until the color turns to almost black. You can also boil the eggplant until it becomes tender.
- Cool the eggplant for a while then peel off the skin. Set aside.
- Crack some eggs and put in a bowl
- Add salt, pepper to taste and stir.
- Put the eggplant on a flat surface and flatten it using a spoon or a fork.
- Dip it in the beaten egg mixture
- Heat the pan with cooking oil.
- Fry it and makes sure that both sides are cooked. Wait about 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Serve, share, and enjoy.
Try the Tortang Talong recipe and let us know what you think, If you are looking for other vegetable recipes, you can take a look at this Best Ampalaya recipes.