Admit it; you imagined yourself married to an Astronaut after watching Armageddon or the Space between Us, right? Don’t worry; we don’t blame you. Who wouldn’t dream of marrying a Spaceman? He’s like a totally hardcore Indiana Jones from the far-flung Outer Space! But if you need more convincing in marrying an Astronaut, these reasons would make you go serious in getting down to the game:
1. They will not just give you the stars but also the moon, the entire solar system, the whole Milky Way galaxy, and so on…
Most guys promised you the stars or the moon, but an Astronaut could offer you both, with a side of Mars or Andromeda. He might even propose using Saturn’s ring.
2. It’s a whole new level of LDR that you could also call OSR (Outer Space Relationship)
Other LDR relationships will bow down to yours! We are not just talking about ‘Oceans Apart’ but more of like ‘The Space Between Us.’ So if you’re up for a challenge, then off to the altar!
3. All his presents for you on special occasions will mean a lot since they’re most likely delayed since there is no DHL or FedEx or any space delivery service
Be patient enough to wait for his gifts when he returns. Just make sure to have a list of missed presents ready when he comes back from space.
4. If you could train (and be brave enough) to fly into space, you could have your anniversary date or honeymoon in the Space Station, overlooking the entire planet
Dinner on the top of the tallest building overlooking the city skyline? Nah! Date while watching the flickering lights of not just one or two but too many countries all at once? It’s a date that brings you the whole world!
5. They were so fed up with having so much ‘space’ that you don’t need to worry about them saying “They needed space.”
Most relationships nowadays end up with this one-liner, saying they’re fed up and that they needed space to think. But since he is so used to too much space, I think he’d prefer having you close.
6. Your married life will never lack drama
You imagine both of you as the main characters in the Deep Impact or Armageddon movie, and you cry a river whenever ‘He’s leaving on a jet plane’.
7. A honeymoon on the Moon
It’s not possible right now but who knows! Just imagine the extremity of your love-making on a Zero-Gravity Zone. Astronauts spend a minimum of 6 months whenever they are on ISS duty. It might be pretty quick to others, but it’s not like normal long-distance relationships wherein you could call each other via the web or social media whenever you miss each other.
Wives of the famous Mercury Seven mentioned hardships about being married to an Astronaut, but not everyone who is married to a Spaceman is bound to have difficulties as well. As long as your relationship is built on trust, faith, and love, not even a black hole could tear you apart.